LLCU Mobile Deposit is a tool designed to make it easy and convenient to deposit checks into your accounts anytime, anywhere, by simply using your camera on your smartphone or iPad. This feature is automatically available when you have downloaded the LLCU Mobile Banking app.
Follow these 10 Easy Steps to Deposit a Check:
- Make sure the person to whom the check is made payable is on the account.
- Endorse the check with your signature and under the signature write, “Remote Deposit”.
- Open the LLCU Mobile Banking app.
- Select “DEPOSIT”.
- The deposit account will default to your checking account.
- Enter the amount of the check you wish to deposit.
- Take a picture of the front of the check. The entire check image must be seen.
- Take a picture of the back of the check. The entire check image must be seen.
- Confirm and submit the deposit.
- Temporarily store the original check in a safe place. After you successfully deposit a check, the status will show “PENDING” until it has been reviewed.
Mobile Deposit Rules are as follows:
- If your check cannot be accepted, status will change to “FAILED” and we will attempt to contact you via email. You may contact the credit union by calling 1-844-222-7788.
- If your check is processing, status may change temporarily to “UNDER REVIEW”.
- Our daily cutoff time for accepting mobile deposits is 3pm Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays. Deposit items that we receive after 3pm, or on non-business days, will be processed on the next business day (Monday through Friday, excluding federal holidays).
- If your check is accepted before our daily cutoff time of 3pm, it will usually be deposited into your account between 4pm and 6pm that day (the status of your deposit will change to “ACCEPTED”.)
- When your check is deposited into your account, the first $225 of your deposit will be made available to you immediately. The remainder will be placed on hold for up to 2 business days. Longer holds may apply in certain situations.
- Once the status of your deposit changes to “ACCEPTED” and you see the deposit in your account history, you may destroy the paper check. You will be able to view a legal image of your check in Mobile Banking (under “Deposits”, then “View Deposit History”) and we will use the legal image for further processing needs.
- Most checks are eligible to be Mobile Deposited. However, the following types of checks ARE NOT ELIGIBLE for mobile deposit:
- Checks payable to any person other than you.
- Checks payable to you jointly with one or more other person other than you.
- Checks that have been previously negotiated (including checks that may have been returned), remotely created, Sight Drafts, or checks more than 6 months old (stale dated).
- Checks drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States or not in the United States currency.
- Insurance Claim Checks, Money Orders (Postal or Money Gram), Traveler’s Checks, Credit Card Cash Advance Checks.
*For Basic Checking Accounts in good standing, that have been opened at least 60 days, with a valid email address on file, a daily limit of $1,000.00 is in effect. For all other personal checking accounts (including HSA accounts) in good standing, that have been opened at least 60 days, with a valid email address on file, a daily limit of $2,000.00 is in effect.